Our team has experience of developing, financing, owning and operating a wide variety of wind projects across Europe. Our involvement typically starts with assessing the viability of a site and the project as a whole. As well as visiting the site and reviewing the construction issues, we will also carry out a broader technical assessment and consider factors such as access for abnormal loads. This scoping phase will cover a broad range of issues, from wind yield and turbine selection through to capital and operating expenditure analysis.
Our team is also experienced in negotiating and securing land agreements and has an in-depth knowledge of preparing and delivering the relevant applications and reports, including:
- Planning and consent applications
- Environmental statements, environmental reviews and planning statements
- Key risk reports
- Investor presentations (if required)
Once a project has been approved, our focus shifts to creating clear and effective strategies for both the construction and the financing elements.
For the construction, this includes:
- Preparing a contracting strategy and project execution plan
- Managing the procurement process for infrastructure and minor contracts
- Managing ancillary agreements in areas such as telecoms, grid and metering
- Finalising any roadwork packages associated with transporting abnormal loads
For the financing, this includes
- Creating a strategy and plan leading to financial close
- Commissioning bank-grade energy yield assessments and reviewing the turbine selection
- Working with the bank’s advisors to review all project documentation and contracts
With construction underway, our team draws on its considerable experience in managing complex projects and contracts. This includes:
- Working closely with the contractors to ensure the project plan remains on track
- Attending regular client meetings to report back on progress
- Ensuring project administration is in place and issues such as payment milestones are tracked
- Managing stakeholder relations and project PR activity
- Ensuring health and safety standards are being maintained, including providing a Safety & Environmental manager and monitoring compliance
- Carrying out regular site visits and inspections to identify any quality or technical issues that could impact on performance or budget
- Managing the hand-over to the operations teams and ensuring that ongoing claims are managed
Our team has developed, constructed and operated many hundreds of MW of wind energy across Europe.
In the operational phase, Velocita remains closely involved in the ongoing performance of the site. This includes reviewing the output and identifying potential enhancements to the plant. We also ensure the turbine contractor is performing in line with agreements and maintain close contacts with other stakeholders and landowners. Other activities include appointing and managing third party contractors (for metering or telecoms, for example) and looking after site records, maintenance files and test schedules.